Time Off and Leaves of Absence
Sick, Vacation and Season Days
There are two separate programs for University employees regarding sick, vacation and season days.
1) The "Paid Time Off" program (PTO) currently covers almost all Health System employees with the exception of a few bargained-for staff. The PTO program combines vacation, sick and season days into one account.
2) The "Vacation Time" program, which has separate policies for vacation, sick and season days. Employees who are funded by a non health system University account may be placed on this program.
Other Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay Policy
- List of This Year's Holidays
- Funeral Time
- Jury and Witness Pay
- Military Reserve Duty Pay
Leaves of Absence:
- University Leave of Absence Policy
- Leave of Absence Toolkit
- Family Medical Leave Act: A staff member is eligible for up to twelve weeks of time off for child care following birth, adoption or foster care placement; the staff member's serious health condition; or the care of the staff member's family member with a serious health condition.
- Basic Long Term Disability Plan (PDF)
- Expanded Long Term Disability Plan (PDF)
The information on this Web site is provided by the University of Michigan Health Systems Human Resource Department. We support you personally and professionally in your work environment to help you achieve success!