The University Policy on Termination is detailed in the Standard Practice Guide.
- Information Access Management/Termination (applies to Regular and Temporary staff)
- Please remember that when a workforce member or student separates from your department, whether on a temporary or regular basis, the manager must ensure that the workforce member’s or student’s termination procedures include immediate electronic access termination or deactivation – even if the individual may be returning at a later date (e.g., the following fall).
- Processing Termination Transactions:
- Creating a Termination Workflow Transaction - Step By Step Instruction
- Review and Approve/Deny a Termination Workflow Transaction - Step By Step Instruction
- Modify a Termination Workflow Transaction - Step By Step Instruction
- Creating a Termination Workflow for Graduate Student Assistants - Step By Step Instruction
- The Layoff and Termination request form takes you through the steps for removing an employee from the system once he or she has resigned, retired, or otherwise been terminated. This form should be filled out as soon as possible and turned into the Human Resources Department.
- Retirement information includes the University policy regarding retirement as well as links to retirement benefit issues.
- Reduction In Work Force: Explains the situations such as a lack of funds, lack of work, or reorganization that may require a reduction in the work force (RIF)
- Offboarding/Checkout Form: The Offboarding/Checkout Form takes you through the steps of retrieving and documenting retrieval of Health System property from employees who are transferring and separating. The form is to be completed by the Direct Supervisor or designee for every transferring or separating employee.