Sourcing Qualified Candidates
- Tips for Recruiting gives creative ideas to help hiring supervisors find the best candidates.
- Internal candidates should always be considered for open positions. See the Career Navigator to understand more about the diverse career paths available at the University of Michigan. A university supervisor must always consider University employees who are part of a Reduction in Force (RIFs).
- Affirmative Action goals must also be considered when deciding where to source candidates.
- Electronic Recruitment Sources are an inexpensive way to begin searching for outside candidates.
- Advertising guidelines show supervisors when advertisements should be used, and take supervisors through the steps for writing and placing an advertisement. This section also includes sample ads.
- Allied Health Recruitment Guide