Rewarding and Recognizing Employees
The University of Michigan Health System believes that quality employees should be rewarded and recognized. Below is a list of resources to show the methods and programs a supervisor can use to recognize and reward employees.
- Compensation and Total Rewards Programs: This section includes information about employee wage and salary ranges, the annual salary increase program, compensation laws and guidelines, and services provided by the compensation department.
- Benefits: This is a link to the University of Michigan's Benefits Office Web site. This Web site provides information on the features of the benefit plans offered by the University of Michigan, allowing you to create a program best suited to your needs and those of your eligible dependents.
- Tuition Support Program (PDF): This is a link to the University of Michigan's policy on supporting employees through tuition reimbursement, as detailed in the Standard Practice Guide.
- Time Off and Leave of Absence: This includes information about the Paid Time Off (PTO) Program as well as sick time pay, vacation days and season days for those not on the PTO program. This section also includes information regarding holidays, funeral time, jury duty, military pay and leaves of absence with and without salary.
- 201.11-0 - Sick Time Pay (PDF)
- Employee Recognition Programs: This section includes information about the Employee Recognition Programs, which has a committee that designates awards for employee contributions and honors for achievements. There is also a list of opportunities, events and resources.
- Employee Health and Well Being: This section includes information about the physical, mental and emotional well being of employees. Resources address safety, infection control, physical injuries, the employee assistance program, and other issues related to employee health.