Creating a Posting
"eRecruit" is an online application system now used for all University hiring. This system will take you through the posting process, step by step.
The following tools assist you in creating your posting:
- A Position Description Form (PDF) documents the content of a job, including job function, duties, scope and minimum and preferred qualifications. This is used for creating new positions, posting existing positions, and changing job codes.
- Developing a Position Description will take you though the process of writing the position description, including regulations, definitions and position analysis.
- Posting Format Guidelines provides a sample and template of the job description.
- Posting Review Checklist (DOC) is a tool to review job requisitions for sourcing and posting.
- The Career Family Navigator is one resource that will assist in determining the University wide classification. For vacated positions, supervisors should also review the job description of the former employee.
- The Quick Guide to Classification Descriptions also gives guidance for this process and for mapping the position into the university structure.
- Job Classification Descriptions
- Sample postings gives examples of jobs posted for the Health System, Ann Arbor and Dearborn campuses.
- Sample Job Duties explains the process and gives samples.
- Sample Job Qualifications gives samples as well as tips on creating qualifications.