Employee Health and Well-Being
It is very important that employees maintain their physical, mental and emotional health and well-being while employed at the University Health System. There are many resources available for supervisors to assist their employees in maintaining their health:
- Employee Assistance Resources Useage - Standard Practice Guide 201.14
- UM Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FASAP) - A confidential and professional resource for dealing with personal or work-related issues
- UMHS Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers program
which offers services designed to help staff, faculty, and their immediate
family members with personal difficulties encountered at both work and
home. Services include short term counseling for staff and family, personalized
coaching services for achieving goals, and educational presentations on emotional and mental health topic.
- Hospitals & Health Centers Security Services provides full service around the clock to promote patient, visitor, and staff safety through a variety of services and programs. Services include conducting building patrols and criminal investigations, providing motorist assistance and security escorts, monitoring fire and security systems, and responding to calls of potential violence.
- Infection Control and Epidemiology provides expertise in infection prevention and control through education, investigation, research, and consultation. The department's goal is to reduce the risk of infections in patients, visitors, personnel, and others associated with the Health System.
- MHealthy Employee Wellness Program (EWP) was established in 1992 to assist Health System employees in making healthier lifestyle choices by providing education, resources, exercise, relaxation and nutrition classes.
- Occupational Health Services (OHS) provides services that assist in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of occupational illnesses and injuries. They also provide information and support for positive health behaviors to promote the Health System's goal of providing a safe and healthful workplace.
- Safety Management Services provides occupational safety, health, and environmental stewardship services to organizational units, including consultation, training, and education related to fire safety, radiation safety industrial hygiene, and ergonomics. MWorks provides occupational health, disability management, and health promotion services, especially for work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Smoke Free Environment Policy: The University Health System adopted a smoke-free environment policy prohibiting both indoor and outdoor smoking on all properties owned by the Health System and School of Nursing.
- Tobacco Treatment Programs provide complete and easily accessible quit smoking/spit tobacco programs for all UMHS employees, patients, and community members and provides assistance as needed to put into action and maintain a smoke-free environment.
The information on this Web site is provided by the University of Michigan Health Systems Human Resource Department. We support you personally and professionally in your work environment to help you achieve success!