Compensation and Total Rewards
Job Classification and Wages:
- The Career Family Classification System is maintained by the Compensation Department. This system became effective in 2005 and is based on Career Families, Career Bands and Job Roles. The Career Family Navigator, a web-accessible database of U-M market job titles and market job descriptions, is now available.
- Job Classification Descriptions:
- Salary Program Wage Schedules are also available for jobs in the AFSCME, IUOE, Nurses, POAM, and Trades unions, as well as Temporary positions.
- A Quick Guide to Classification Review explains the new process for HRAA conducting classification reviews. A link to the position description form is included, as well as tools to help you appropriately map the position against other University positions.
- Developing Position Descriptions provides tools for writing position descriptions, including position analysis, regulations and definitions, and explanation of selection criteria.
- Salary Setting Guidelines for New Staff include considerations for supervisors when determining base pay for a new hire.
Other Compensation Policies and Procedures:
Compensation Training and Networking: