Supervisor’s Disciplinary Checklist
Below is a list of factors to consider prior to reaching a conclusion regarding failure to meet performance expectations:
- Employee had notice of possible consequences of their action;
- The rule is reasonable and there is proof of the problem;
- There was proper and fair investigation into the problem and the employee was treated equitably during the process;
- Other employees have been treated equitably for similar problems;
- The disciplinary action was fair and reasonable;
- Supervisory responsibility was assumed for setting standards, and the issue was not attributed solely to the testimony of co-workers.