HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICE DELIVERY INITIATIVE
In April, 2010, a microcosm of over 100 individuals from across UMHS came together to create a framework for an HR Service Delivery Model that aligns with the mission of the Health System, eliminates redundancies, and results in a high-quality and more cost effective service.
This group represented individuals from Central HR, Department-based HR, Stakeholders, Administration, and Customers.
Following the 3-day event, a Team was developed to create a model that would live up to the guiding principles that were established by the participants of the event.
- Be developed in partnership with the customers of the work and those that provide the services
- Evolve and be centered on a flexible structure which promotes partnership, alignment and integration in the delivery of HR Services
- Promote service excellence and create value to all constituents in the delivery of HR Services
- Support organizational strategic plans, business strategy and department goals
- Leverage talent of existing staff, provide opportunities for professional growth and increased competence for those providing HR Services
- Assure diversity and inclusion which is essential to a vibrant, engaged workforce
- Use the lean principles of eliminating redundancies, improving efficiencies and measurement. In so doing the model will promote high quality and more cost effective service
- Leverage technology to deliver HR Services in the most effective and efficient manner
- Promote effective communication and consistency in the application of HR processes, policies and procedure
- Service Delivery Update Presentation (as of March, 2012)
- AdForum Presentation 04/16/2012
- Business Unit Configuration - the alignment of departments into Business Units
- Service Level Agreement (Draft) - to be used in discussion between Business Unit Leadership and the HR Business Unit Team to clarify services provided
- Duties of the HR Business Unit Team Members - collection of the types of duties that will be performed by individuals on the HR Business Unit Team (HR Assistants, HR Generalists, HR Consultants)
- HR Lead Job Description
- HR Lead Information Session Presentation - slides from the informational sessions that were held on February 14th & 15th, 2012
- Implementation Workplan - the ongoing work being done around transition and implementation, with the target date of "Go-Live" on June 4, 2012
Iinformation will continue to be added to this site as it becomes available.