Why participate in MSHOP?
The Michigan Surgical & Health Optimization Program targets surgical complications and aims to reduce healthcare expenditures, while improving the health and outcomes of patients. By using a novel pre-operative web-based Risk Assessment Tool, individuals deemed to have remediable risk will participate in an evidence-based optimization program that empowers patients to train for surgery by doing basic walking and breathing exercises.
What is in it for participating hospitals?
- Access to predictive technology: Risk Assessment Tool and Patient Tracker
- MSHOP materials/kits for all eligible patients
- LOS and cost-savings report
- Support for process implementation and assistance in maintaining the program during the grant period.
- Opportunity to collaborate on a cutting edge demonstration project.