Patient Care Services
The U-M Department of Radiation Oncology is proud of its status as a leader in treating patients with cancer, a status achieved by providing cutting-edge therapies and compassionate, attentive patient care. We believe that an important step in providing the best care is helping patients understand the services they are going to receive. As such, we created materials to help you understand and navigate your radiation therapy experience.
In addition to the Patient Handbook, the links on the left-hand side of this page offer detailed information about what the treatment is, answers to common questions and a description of the personnel you may meet during treatment. This information is also addressed in the following video "Introduction to Radiation Therapy" as well as, "Close to Home" and other videos in About Us:
Introduction to Radiation Therapy
Close to Home
How to Make an Appointment
If you would like to make a first-time appointment at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and do not have a referral, please call us at 734-936-4300 or 800-882-7150. Our expert staff will assist you in making that appointment.
If you are interested in being seen at one of our network sites and do not have a doctor's referral, please call the site directly at the number below and tell the staff you would like to schedule a self-referred consultation with a Radiation Oncologist.
- Allegiance Health, Tejada Center (Jackson): call 517-780-7299
- Alpena Cancer Center: call 989-356-7353 or 1-888-356-7151
- McLaren Greater Lansing: call 517-975-7800
- Metro Heath Village (Wyoming): call 616-252-8100
- Providence Assarian Cancer Center (Novi): call 248-465-4300
- Providence Cancer Center (Southfield): call 248-849-3321
- University of Michigan Health System (Ann Arbor): call 734-936-4320
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System: call 734-769-7100