Formulation to R.G.O. Bench Set-up
by Steve Cielinski, R.T.P.O.
Orthosis for a typical symmetrical person
- If applicable, make hip, knee, and ankle heights all the same.
- Move KAFO's in so that lateral proximal thigh wall lines up with lateral distal walls of the body jacket.
- Angle KAFO's out from mid-sagittal so that lateral ankle joints are a little bit wider that hip width. Keep in mind that when using an R.G.O. system, stance is a little wider that normal. Make symmetrical.
- Put 5 degree to 10 degree external rotation into each lateral hip spike. Make symmetrical.
- re-measure and make hip, knee, and ankle heights the same.
- If you have shoes, you may need to wedge soles to align T.K.A. T.K.A. centers shall run in a line at 90° to level floor.