The Resident Research Program was established in order to ensure adequate knowledge of the methodology and practice of clinical research and to implement ACGME requirements to demonstrate competency in research as part of the core competency of professionalism.
Immediate goal: To provide U-M PM&R residents with a foundation in clinical research methods and skills, as well as an initial experience in designing, implementing and completing a research project.
By the conclusion of their residency training, you will:
- Complete a research literature review and develop an acceptable research question and research hypothesis.
- Develop a research design and statistical analysis plan appropriate to the research hypothesis.
- Implement and complete a data collection process that addresses the research hypothesis they have developed.
- Analyze and interpret the data they have collected in relation to their research question and hypothesis.
- Present the results of their research in a public research forum.