October 10-11, 2013
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (only)
- An academic background in science
- Ph.D. degree goal in the Biomedical Sciences
- Plan to apply to graduate school for Fall 2014 PhD admission or Fall 2015 for MD/PhD admission
- Ability to demonstrate that they are from a background that will contribute to the diversity in the biomedical sciences at UM.
- Students from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, low-income family backgrounds, first-generation U.S. citizens, and first-generation college students are especially encouraged to apply.
Strong candidates will possess:
- Extensive research experience in a laboratory setting (some applicants will have published abstracts or papers)
- Strong letters of recommendation from lab mentor(s)
- Strong motivation to pursue independent research
How to apply:
The application deadline for the University of Michigan PIBS Preview (8/1/12) has passed. The application for 2013 will open this April with a deadline of 8/5/2013.