Bruce Scott Miller, M.D.
Bruce S. Miller, M.D., M.S., is associate professor of orthopaedic surgery and shoulder surgery at the University of Michigan and U-M MedSport as well as shoulder surgery fellowship director. UMHS is proud to recognize and support Dr. Miller’s expertise as a leader in orthopaedic and shoulder surgery and research.
- Team physician for the University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University athletic departments
- Team physician for the US Ski Team, USA All American Rugby Team and USA Rugby Team
- Member, National Football League Head, Neck and Spine Subcommitee for Development and Management of Prospective Database for NFL Players, Subcommittee on Former Players Long-term Effects of Brain and Spine Injury
Honors and Awards
- 2011 U.S. News & World Report “Top Doctors, Sports Medicine Specialist”
- 2011 First Place, Patient-Oriented & Epidemiology Project, American Medical Student Association Foundation 16th Annual Convention. Chan C, Sibler E, Kijek T, Miller BS, Hughes RE, “A Mobile Computing Tool for Collecting Clinical Outcomes Data from Shoulder Patients.”
- Best Poster Award, 76th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Miller BS, Downie BK, Kijek TG, Yacob A, Carpenter JE, “Surgical Versus Non-surgical Management of Rotator Cuff Tears in Older Individuals.”
- Traveling Fellow, American Orthopaedic Association 2011 American-British-Canadian Traveling Fellowship Program