Asheesh Bedi, M.D.
Asheesh Bedi, M.D., is assistant professor of sports medicine and shoulder surgery and the Gehring Early Career Professor at the University of Michigan and U-M MedSport.He is a leading researcher and orthopaedic surgeon. UMHS is proud to recognize and support his contributions to the field.
- Ranks among top surgeon-scientists in the U.S.
- Team physician for the University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University
- Consultant for the NFL and NHL Players Association
- Adjunct assistant professor at the Hospital for Special Surgery/Weill Cornell Medical College
In the News
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Taubman Emerging Scholar, Taubman Scholars Program.
- 2013 American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine 2013 Annual Meeting Poster Award, Bedi A, Roche SM, Lynch EB, Enselman ERS, Mendias C, “Reduction in Muscle Fiber Force
Production, Disruption of Muscle Cell Architecture and Accumulation of Fatty Macrophages in Patients with Chronic Rotator Cuff Tears”
- 2013 University of Michigan Medical Center Alumni Society (MCAS) Early Distinguished Career Award
- 2013 NIH1 R01 AR06349-01A1. Regulation of Adult Tendon Growth and Regeneration by Scleraxis. Principal Investigator: Chris Mendias PhD, Co-I: Asheesh Bedi, MD, Stephen Weiss PhD (Pending)