eRPM Training Opportunities
Although not required, training is highly recommended for Research Administrators who will be doing most of the work in the system. There is no expectation that Deans, administrators who only approve projects, or PIs will attend training. There are materials provided online specifically for PIs and authorized signers/Deans to address their most common activities in the system
But for Research Administrators, training options include: (all options are available through the MAIS web site http://www.umich.edu/~eresinfo/erpm/training.html)
- Instructor-led Courses on eRPM Proposal Preparation & Unit Review
Classroom sessions comprehensively cover PAF creation, the review process, the review routing table, making changes when a PAF is out for review, managing Proposal Data when the proposal is being reviewed, how to review/approve, and PAN/PAC notifications.
Web registration through UM Research training/workshops:
- Go to: http://orsp.umich.edu/training/
- Click on "Currently Enrolling ORSP & Financial Operations workshops"
- Scroll to the class titled "eResearch Proposal Preparation and Unit Review”
- Click on "View Schedule“
- Click "Register" for the session that you want to attend. A confirmation email will be sent to you.
- PAF Online Courses
This series of web-based tutorials use Flash to walk you through the creation and routing / approval process for a PAF. Each section is broken into small chunks of how to perform activities / enter data so that you may choose to watch one section as needed – or all of them to train. Training materials are available online:
- Use as a refresher after attending training
- Support for individuals who will not attend training (e.g., Deans, PIs) but will approve a PAF or respond to Conflict of Interest
- Simple steps & demonstrations
- Quick Reference Cards
- Onscreen Help and Additional Help Pages
These are located within the eRPM system, on the right hand side of the page. Read through for quick answers to potential pit falls.
- Call your Unit Liaison! (UL)
Director, Grant Review & Analysis
Unit Liaison, Health System eRPM