New Faculty Orientation
The University of Michigan Medical School (UMMS) provides orientation for new faculty on two levels:
1. A monthly orientation for all new faculty that:
- Provides a basic overview of the University and the Health System
- Introduces faculty to important policies
- Outlines promotion expectations by track
- Offers the opportunity for faculty to obtain their ID badge and/or parking pass
- Describes resources available to assist in the faculty's new role
2. A quarterly New Faculty Onboarding that takes place 3-6 months following orientation. Now that the faculty member has had a chance to be acclimated to the UMMS environment for a few months, we provide an onboarding session to assist faculty with becoming more efficient in their new role. Available resources are described in more depth and faculty are given the opportunity to meet with senior leaders and research personnel that can continue to help with the new transition.
If you have any questions regarding the differences between orientation and onboarding sessions, or when faculty should attend, please contact Laura Denton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For some preliminary resources, please see the links below:
Promotions and Tenure: Strategies for Success video
Organizational Charts & Information
- For the most current University of Michigan Health System (UMHS) organizational charts and information on our Leadership and Organization, click here.
- Hospitals and Health Centers (.doc)
- Medical School Leadership
- Medical School Organization Chart (.pdf)