With the support of the University of Michigan Medical School, the Diversity & Career Development Office does everything it can to meet our goal: recruiting and keeping more diverse faculty.
Each year, the Diversity & Career Development Office attends important regional and national conferences where faculty candidates can learn firsthand about the environment at the U-M Medical School. Visits include, but are not limited to:
- National Hispanic Medical Association conference
- Regional and National Medical Association conferences
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Indian Physicians
DCDO provides faculty with:
- Career development workshops
- Career development support for professional conferences
- Clinical research opportunities
- One-on-one career counseling
- Mentoring and networking activities
To learn more about the experience of faculty at UMMS, please go to the Office of Faculty Affairs
Michigan Consortium on Minority Health & Academic Development
Through the Consortium, Michigan’s three major research institutions, Michigan State University, University of Michigan and Wayne State University , focus on health disparities research in the state by showcasing those who study minority health and health care disparities. Sponsored by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.