University of Michigan Medical School
Helpful Tips and Advice from the Director
- Review this site which will help you navigate through the process of getting into medical school.
- Take care of business with your GPA.
- Take the MCAT only when you are ready, but within 3 years of enrolling.
- Research medical schools and their requirements. The MSAR is a valuable resource.
- Learn more about our process by clicking on the links on the left.
- Take our advice on Letters of Recommendation.
- Be sure to apply early. At Michigan we utilize a rolling admissions process.
- Try to enjoy the process while being courteous and professional every step of the way.
- Read the AAMC's Selecting a Medical School: Thirty-Five Questions I Wish I Had Asked
- Review the UMMS Admissions Policies and Procedures.