Department of Medical Education faculty collaborate with Medical School course directors to determine the best instructional practices and to support the education of medical students, residents and faculty. This includes:
- Developing and studying innovative teaching methods
- Defining educational outcomes and competencies
- Assessing learner performance
- Developing and updating course evaluations
- Conducting long-term follow-up surveys to determine the institutional and health-service impact of training programs
- Conducting and reporting research on teaching evaluation data at conferences and in scholarly journals
Contact: Larry D. Gruppen, Ph.D.