Click here for a letter to Prospective Applicants
The University of Michigan Fellowship Program in Nephrology welcomes applications from individuals who will be board-eligible in Internal Medicine from an ABIM certified program at the time of matriculation. (Please note that we are unable to accept applications from those who hold H1B visas.)
Fellowship positions for the period beginning in July 2012 have been filled.
- Submit application via ERAS: Applications for the period beginning in July 2013 will be accepted only by using the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) beginning in July 1, 2012. Applications will be available to Program Directors on July 15, 2012. Well-qualified individuals will be invited for an interview beginning in fall and early winter 2012. Thereafter, invitations for interviews will be made on a rolling basis. Submission of complete ERAS applications by July 31, 2012 is encouraged.
Required documents for ERAS applications:
- At least three letters of reference from those who know you well and can speak to your clinical ability, research potential (if applicable) and personal characteristics.
- A personal statement describing your background, and career goals and ambitions.
- Transcript from USMLE.
- ECFMG status report (if applicable).
- Common application.
Click here to access the ERAS system.
- NRMP Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP): The University of Michigan Nephrology Training Program (and most USA nephrology training programs) will participate in the NRMP-sponsored match program. Interviewed applicants must register with the NRMP (http://www.nrmp.org/ or http://www.nrmp.org/fellow/index.html); registration begins in July 1, 2012. Following your interview, please follow NRMP instructions and instructions provided by our fellowship program at the time of your interview to submit your rank order list to the Match program. Rank order lists can be submitted in early October 10, 2012 and must be finalized and certified by November 14, 2012. Match results will be provided by December 5, 2012.
Send all correspondence to:
Panduranga S. Rao, M.D.
Director, Nephrology Fellowship Training Program
University of Michigan
Simpson Memorial Institute - 3rd Floor
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5725