UMHS Interpreter Services provides interpretation and translation to patients of all languages throughout the University of Michigan Health System.
Our services include:
- Face-to-face interpretation in over 70 languages
- High-quality telephone interpretation in all languages
- Accurate translations of patient education materials and medical records
- Communication assistance for deaf and hard-of-hearing patients
- Language and cultural competency training for UMHS employees and others
- Interpreter skills training for working and aspiring interpreters
Most of our services are free for UMHS patients and providers. For a reasonable fee, we also work with businesses, nonprofits, and health centers outside of UMHS on a case-by-case basis.