Turner Senior Resource Center
Turner Senior Resource Center (TSRC)
2401 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
MissionTurner Senior Resource Center (TSRC) houses community outreach programs of the University of Michigan Health System. The TSRC mission is to be a vital learning, health and wellness center, a pioneering program where seniors initiate, guide and implement the center’s direction and activities, working together to improve and enhance the quality of life for seniors and their families in our community. Seniors not only participate, learn and interact but also volunteer to serve one another and their community.
Parking and Directions
The Turner Senior Resource Center is located at 2401 Plymouth Road, Suite C in Ann Arbor. The building is between the Islamic Center and Key Bank. You may enter the parking area from either Plymouth Road or Traverwood Dr. The Center's entrance is on the west side of the building, facing the Islamic Center. Handicap parking is available. An AATA bus stop is located nearby on Plymouth Road.
TSRC Programs and Activities
We invite you to our building at 2401 Plymouth Road for a tour and to learn more about the programs and services. For current program information, please click here: Turner Senior Wellness Program - Calendar of Activities.
We offer an array of high quality, low cost programs and resources:
- Wellness programs such as healthy living presentations, exercise, healthful cooking demonstrations, Senior Nutrition Program (lunch 2 days), and blood pressure screening.
- Services such as Medicare counseling and assistance with Advance Directives offered weekly.
- Support groups for caregiving, diabetes, low-vision, and more.
- Social and cultural activities including a therapeutic writing group, weekly open bridge and chess, and special events.
- A Caregiver Resource Center is located in the TSRC lobby with contact information for local agencies and organizations, as well as a lending library on a variety of topics related to caregiving.
- Gallery 55+, which exhibits two-dimensional art created by gifted artists aged fifty-five and older. New artists show four times each year. The gallery welcomes community members of any age to view the art and to participate in special gallery events as they are scheduled. Call 734-998-9353 or visit the gallery Monday through Friday from 9 am – 5 pm.
The TSRC is also home to:
- Silver Club Programs, for people with memory loss;
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UM offering lectures, study groups and day trips for intellectually curious older adults; and the
- Housing Bureau for Seniors offering housing information, home share, tax assistance and eviction/foreclosure prevention.
TSRC is staffed with social workers and other professionals who specialize in working with older adults. In addition, TSRC draws on the experience of numerous volunteers, and an advisory board of older adults, to implement the programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of our community’s older adults and their families.
TSRC programs are offered at minimal or no cost, with scholarships available for any program with a fee.
Turner Senior Resource Center is supported by University of Michigan Hospitals, fees and gifts as well as the following organizations and foundations: Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation, Comerica, Friends of University of Michigan Hospital, and Kiwanis of Ann Arbor. This agency is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and with Section 504 of the Social Rehabilitation Acts of 1973.
Make a Donation
Social Work and Community Programs are proud to be part of the Geriatrics Center at the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health System, which provides substantial support. Yet to cover the full cost of these community services, we rely on gifts, donations, grants, and contracts. To help us continue the important work we do with older adults in our community and to make a gift to any of the Social Work and Community Programs, please click here.