Silver Club Memory Programs
“Together, we make every moment matter.”
Since 1998, Silver Club Programs have been providing meaningful and engaging activities for families in our community living with dementia. We have experienced many wonderful moments together – enjoying life, sharing memories, and having fun. We provide a safe, nurturing environment for older adults with memory loss or other cognitive changes. Memory loss is not a death sentence, and the atmosphere at Silver Club is lively, warm and social. This is a place to make friends and enjoy discussions, play fun cognitive games, create art and music (click here to see members' art), and other innovative activities, tailored to different needs. We strive to improve the memory, motivation, mood and overall well-being of our members.
Mild Memory Loss Programs
Several programs are specifically designed for individuals experiencing mild memory loss, mild cognitive impairment, early stage Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Click to read more.
Moderate Memory Loss – Silver Club Enrichment Program
We offer the Silver Club day enrichment program for older adults with moderate memory loss, where members enjoy a structured day of activities. Click to read more.
Do you or someone you know wish to be a part of Silver Club? Please fill out our INTAKE FORM and email to Doug Dault at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Silver Club offers families educational and social opportunities as well as time to take a break while their relatives are at Silver Club.
- Students from many University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University departments bring an intergenerational flavor and many wonderful projects to Silver Club Programs. In recent years, art students from U-M have designed interesting collaborative art experiences for Silver Club members. Many undergraduate Health Science Scholars students visit once and then return as faithful volunteers. Social work interns from both universities participate in activities, lead groups, and visit one-on-one with our members.
- Professionally trained staff members come from a variety of backgrounds including social work, fine arts, music, and recreation therapy.
- Cost is based on ability to pay.
- Volunteer Opportunities exist.
Social Work and Community Programs are proud to be part of the Geriatrics Center at the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health System, which provides substantial support. Yet to cover the full cost of these community services, we rely on gifts, donations, grants, and contracts. To help us continue the important work we do with older adults in our community and to make a gift to any of the Social Work and Community Programs, please click here.
Douglas Dault, LMSW, Director, Silver Club Programs
2401 Plymouth Rd., Suite C
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
The U-M Geriatrics Center, University of Michigan Hospital & Health Systems
Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
Area Agency on Aging 1-B*
Brookdale National Group Respite Program
Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County
Friends of the University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Macomb-Oakland Regional Center
MI Choice/Medicaid Waiver Program (through Area Agency on Aging 1-B)
Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center
*Silver Club is funded in part by the Federal Older Americans Act and the Michigan Office of Services to the Aging through the Area on Aging 1-B.