Second Annual Victors Run/Walk for Diabetes Awareness 5K
Hosted by: U-M Students for Diabetes Awareness (SDA)
Saturday April 3rd, 2010
Nichols Arboretum, 1600 Washington Heights
(map of race)
Registration begins at 10:00 AM
Race starts 11:00 AM
$20 if registered online by April 2nd
$25 at the race
- Participants have the option of either walking or running the course.
- Prizes will be given out to the top 5 finishers.
- An official timing company will be keeping track and supplying chips to runners.
The U-M Students for Diabetes Awareness is a student group with the purpose of increasing awareness about diabetes among students on the University of Michigan campus, forming support networks for students with diabetes, and raising funds to contribute to the effort to find a cure.
Become a sponsor:
Proceeds of the event benefit:
- American Diabetes Association Summer Camps
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
Students for Diabetes Awareness holds monthly mass meetings, as well as specific meetings revolving around their campus events. If you are a student who's passionate about the fight against diabetes and would like to participate, email SDABoardMembers@umich.edu for more information and meeting details.