THANK YOU TO OUR
the public's U-M source for
CALL 800-530-0714 to order from:
Saturday, November 16, 2013
9:00 a.m. – noon
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
FREE and open to the public!
Pre-registration requested; sign up here.
Please see this map to find the overflow
parking lots around the hotel.
(There is no home football game on that day,
so parking should be easier, too!)
- FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS as time and supplies permit
- LECTURES by experts in the field
- EXHIBITS by UM Health System staff and non-profit services
- BOOTHS by diabetes medical supply companies
- ALL TYPES OF DIABETES will be covered: Types 1 and 2, diabetes in pregnancy, and pre-diabetes
- GIVEAWAYS and DOOR PRIZES
The UM Comprehensive Diabetes Center is hosting this Annual World Diabetes Day Health Fair to present to the public the latest information on diabetes treatment and prevention — and to bring attention to the alarming rise in diabetes in Michigan and the United States. Diabetes is a serious disease that leads to potentially life-threatening complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and amputation.
The American Diabetes Association estimates that 24 million children and adults in the United States live with diabetes currently, and an additional 57 million Americans are at risk for type 2 diabetes. If current trends continue, one out of every three children born today will face a future with diabetes.
Marketing & Communications
U-M Comprehensive Diabetes Center