Purpose: The Department of Community Health Services announces a funding opportunity for community-based organizations in Washtenaw County. These awards will support projects focused on innovation and/or strengthening programs, policies, and other interventions within Washtenaw County that target health equity and the social determinants of health (education, poverty, housing, transportation, etc.) (SDOH) which specifically influence mental health, substance use disorders, obesity and related illnesses, and/or preconceptual and perinatal health.
2018 Funding Opportunity
In order to propel this work forward, Michigan Medicine is seeking to support community organizations to improve health outcomes in Washtenaw County. Selected projects will accomplish the following:
- Apply principles of community engagement in the planning and implementation process;
- Promote capacity building of community organizations in order to sustain programming;
- Benefit communities in Washtenaw County by addressing key SDOH and health equity;
- Enhance exposure to effective programs, policies and interventions for improvement of health equity and SDOH for Washtenaw County residents; and
- Promote efforts that are culturally aware and responsive.
Ideal projects will achieve the following goals:
- Address SDOH that affect the recognized community health priorities
- Improve access to non-medical resources that address SDOH (housing, transportation, food, interpretation services, etc.);
- Strengthen and enhance resources that address SDOH; and/or
- Improve SDOH-related training and education.
- Washtenaw County community-based 501(c)(3) organizations can apply.
Note: All three documents below must be completed and submitted by Friday, Jan. 19, 2018, 5 p.m.
How to Apply: Follow this link