Steven F. Bolling, M.D.
Professor of Cardiac Surgery
Director, Multidisciplinary Mitral Valve Clinic
Director, Myocellular Biology Laboratory
(Only selected publications are listed as part of a total of 217 journal publications)
- Ai AL., Seymour EM., Kronfol Z, Bolling SF. Mood states, coping factors, and interleukin-6 are related to psychiatric symptoms following cardiac surgery. Biological Psychiatry and Psychopharmacology 2011; 13 (1), 3-9.
- Acker MA, Jessup M, Bolling SF, et al. Mitral valve repair in heart failure: Five-year follow-up from the mitral valve replacement stratum of the Acorn randomized trial. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 2011; 142 (3),569-74.
- Bolling SF. Can we Predict Mitral Valve Repair Rates by Individual Surgeons' Mitral Volume? Texas Heart Institute Journal 2011; 38 (6), 703-04.
- Seymour EM, Tanone II, Urcuyo-Llanes DE, et al. Blueberry intake alters skeletal muscle and adipose tissue peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor activity and reduces insulin resistance in obese rats. J Med Food 2011 Dec;14(l2): pp. 1511-8.
- Bolling SF. Mitral Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy: A Good Operation Done Well May Help. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 2012; doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezs132.
- Rogers JH, Bolling SF. What to do with Functional Mitral Regurgitation? What do we really know and how can we find out? European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 2012; doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezs472.
- Nelson JS, Bolling SF. Who is Doing Mitral Valve Surgery in the United States? Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2012; 24 (l), 1-4.
- Romano MA, Haft JW, Pagani FD, Bolling SF. Beating Heart via right thoracotomy for reoperative mitral valve surgery: A safe and effective operative alternative. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2012; 144 (2), 334-339.
- Bolling SF. Challenges Inherent to MR. Cardiology today Intervention. July/August 2012; 1 (4), 32-24.
- Badhwar V, Peterson ED, Jacobs JP, et al. Longitudinal Outcome of lsolated Mitral Repair in Older Patients: Results From 14,604 Procedures Performed From 1991 to 2007. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2012;94:1870-9.
- Nelson J, Bolling SF. Identical Tricuspid Ring Sizing in Simultaneous Functional Tricuspid and Mitral Valve Repair: A Simple and Effective Strategy. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. (accepted/or publication)