Steven F. Bolling, M.D.
Professor of Cardiac Surgery
Director, Multidisciplinary Mitral Valve Clinic
Director, Myocellular Biology Laboratory
Director of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine Research Center
(Only selected publications are listed as part of a total of 217 journal publications)
- Ai AL., Seymour EM., Kronfol Z, Bolling SF. Mood states, coping factors, and interleukin-6 are related to psychiatric symptoms following cardiac surgery. Biological Psychiatry and Psychopharmacology 2011; 13 (1), 3-9.
- Acker MA, Jessup M, Bolling SF, et al. Mitral valve repair in heart failure: Five-year follow-up from the mitral valve replacement stratum of the Acorn randomized trial. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 2011; 142 (3),569-74.
- Bolling SF. Can we Predict Mitral Valve Repair Rates by Individual Surgeons' Mitral Volume? Texas Heart Institute Journal 2011; 38 (6), 703-04.
- Seymour EM, Tanone II, Urcuyo-Llanes DE, et al. Blueberry intake alters skeletal muscle and adipose tissue peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor activity and reduces insulin resistance in obese rats. J Med Food 2011 Dec;14(l2): pp. 1511-8.
- Bolling SF. Mitral Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy: A Good Operation Done Well May Help. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 2012; doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezs132.
- Rogers JH, Bolling SF. What to do with Functional Mitral Regurgitation? What do we really know and how can we find out? European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 2012; doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezs472.
- Nelson JS, Bolling SF. Who is Doing Mitral Valve Surgery in the United States? Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2012; 24 (l), 1-4.
- Romano MA, Haft JW, Pagani FD, Bolling SF. Beating Heart via right thoracotomy for reoperative mitral valve surgery: A safe and effective operative alternative. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2012; 144 (2), 334-339.
- Bolling SF. Challenges Inherent to MR. Cardiology today Intervention. July/August 2012; 1 (4), 32-24.
- Badhwar V, Peterson ED, Jacobs JP, et al. Longitudinal Outcome of lsolated Mitral Repair in Older Patients: Results From 14,604 Procedures Performed From 1991 to 2007. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2012;94:1870-9.
- Nelson J, Bolling SF. Identical Tricuspid Ring Sizing in Simultaneous Functional Tricuspid and Mitral Valve Repair: A Simple and Effective Strategy. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. (accepted/or publication)