Bo Yang, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Cardiac Surgery
Peer-Reviewed Journals and Publications
- Yang B, Larson DF, Ranger-Moore J, Biphasic change of tau in mice as arterial load increased acutely with phenylepherine injection, Intl J Card.., submitted, 2010
- Yang B, Larson DF, Watson RR. Modification of iNOS Activity in Age-related Cardiac Dysfunction, Life Sciences. 75(6):655-67, 2004 Jun
- Beischel J. Larson DF. Yu Q. Yang B (4th/8) Watson RR. [I performed mouse heart function measurement with Millar catheter] Dilated cardiomyopathy in retrovirally infected mice: a novel model for silent viral DCM? Cardiovascular Toxicology. 4(4):317-25, 2004.
- Larson DF, Ingham R, Alwardt CM, Yang B (4th/4). [I performed mouse diastolic heart function measurement with Millar catheter] TGF-beta1 over expression: a mechanism of diastolic filling dysfunction in the aged population. Journal of Extra-Corporeal Technology. 36(1):69-74, 2004 Mar.
- Yang B, Larson DF, Beischel J...Watson RR. Validation of Conductance Catheter System for Quantification of Pressure-Volume Loops, J Invest. Surg., 14:341 - 355, 2001
- Shi J, Larson DF, Yang B Watson RR. Differential Effects of Acute Alcohol Treatment on Cardiac Contractile Function in Young and Senescent Mice. Alcohol, 24(3):197 - 204, 2001
- Sanders DB, Larson DF, Hunter K. Yang B (5th/5). Comparison of Tumor Necrosis Factor - α Effect on the Expression of iNOS in Marcrophage and Cardiac Myocytes. Perfusion 16(1): 67 - 74 , Jan. 2001
- Yang B, Larson DF, Kelley R Watson RR. Conductivity: An issue for the Application of Conductance Catheter System in Mice. Cardiovasc Eng 5:57-60, 2000.
- Larson DF, Yang B, Shi J Watson RR. Senescent Ventricular Dysfunction: Issues Related to Cardiopulmonary Bypass. The Journal of Extra-Corporeal Technology, 32 (3): 142 - 147, Sept. 2000.
- Yang B, Larson DF, and Watson R. Age-related left ventricular function in the mouse: analysis based on in vivo pressure-volume relationships. Am.J.Physiol 277: H1906-H1913. 1999.
- Yang B, Chen S, Luo W Shi J. Monitoring the acute rejection of lung transplantation by flow cytometry. Bulletin of Hunan Medical University 24(4): 401-402, 1999
- Yang B, Zhou H, Zhou B, Cheng S. Effects of Aprotinin on Fibrinolysis after Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Cardiac Operation. Bulletin of Hunan Medical University, 21(6): 571-575, 1996
- Yang B, Zhou H, Cheng S Li G. Effect of different dosage of aprotinin on the blood loss and activating clotting time during the open heart surgery. Chinese Journal of Circulation, 11(12): 751-752, 1996
- Yang B, Yang L. Effects of glutamine on the patient with tumor (review), Chinese Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 3(3): 127-130, 1995
- Yang, B, Mallidi H, Robins, RC, Heart-Lung Transplantation, "Cardiac Surgery Review", in publish, 2010
- Yang, B and Larson, DF, Effects of TNF-alpha on Cardiac Function, "Immune Dysfunction and Immunotherapy in Heart Disease", Edited by Watson, RR and Larson DF, Chapter 7, Page 48 - 56. 2007.
- Yang B, Larson DF, Watson RR, "Nutrition and Heart Disease, Causation and Prevention, Edited by Watson RR, and Preedy VR", Chapter 17 "Age and Heart Disease", Chapter 18 "Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase (iNOS) and Heart Failure", P 321 - 333, 2004
- Yang B. Larson DF, Shi J, Zhang J. and Watson RR. Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) α acutely depresses myocardial contractility and relaxation via iNOS independent pathway, FASEB 2002
- Yang B, Larson DF, Shi J, Gorman MD, Watson RR. Modification of iNOS Activity in Senescent Cardiac Dysfunction, Circulation Suppl. 104(17): 2063, Oct. 2001