The following is a list of domestic violence and sexual assault service providers in Washtenaw County and five of the surrounding counties. Each offers a 24-hour crisis line, emergency shelter, counseling, support groups, legal advocacy, autonomy services, transportation, food, clothing, job seeking, childcare, etc. All services are free and confidential.
- Washtenaw County - Safehouse Center
Crisis Line: 734-995-5444
- Livingston County - La Casa
Crisis Line: 866-522-2725
- Wayne County - First Step
Crisis Line: 888-453-5900
- Lenawee County - Catherine Cobb DV Program/Family Counseling & Children's Service
Crisis Line: 800-874-5936
- Monroe County - Family Counseling and Shelter Services of Monroe County
Crisis Line: 734-242-7233
- Jackson County - Aware, Inc.
Crisis Line: 517-783-2861
- Oakland County - Haven
Crisis Line: 877-922-1274
For service providers in other counties or states, please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 to find help anywhere in the country 24 hours a day.
- U of M Child Protection Team
- U of M Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Web site
- The Family Violence Prevention Fund
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Michigan Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network Crisis Line: 800-656-HOPE
- LGBT Task Force of the Michigan Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence: 517-347-7000
- Handbook for Survivors of Domestic Violence (PDF)
- Emotional Abuse Brochure (PDF)
- Child Sexual Abuse Brochure (PDF)
RESOURCES FOR UMHS EMPLOYEES
The UMHS Employee Assistance Program provides confidential consultation and counseling for free to Health System faculty and staff, as well as their families. They can also suggest how to support a colleague who is surviving abuse. The Employee Assistance Program can be reached at 734-763-5409.