Make a Referral
To make a referral, call the Meals on Wheels office at (734) 998-6686. Potential clients are encouraged to make a referral prior to scheduled hospitalizations if meals may be needed during the recovery process.
Who we serve
Meals on Wheels clients are primarily older adults or individuals with disabilities who are homebound and cannot prepare complete, nutritious meals for themselves. Clients are served regardless of age or financial status. The suggested donation amount is $5 a day. Clients who are unable to pay the full amount of the suggested donation will not be denied services.
"I would go hungry if it were not for you folks. I am so thankful!!"
- Need Meals on Wheels for a minimum of three (3) weeks. At the discretion of the Director, meals may be delivered for a shorter period of time.
- Potential clients are encouraged to make a referral prior to scheduled hospitalizations if meals may be needed during the recovery process.
- Need to be homebound (generally unable to leave home because of health status). Exceptions include medical appointments and occasional outings.
- Not able to obtain food or prepare complete, nutritious meals because of health.
- Have a spouse, child, caregiver, or another person who is unable/unwilling to provide meals.
- Not able to participate in congregate (e.g. senior center or other group) nutrition programs because of health.
- Agree to receive an initial assessment prior to receiving meals (except in emergency situations or for Medicaid Waiver clients) and have a reassessment every 6 months.
- Dietary needs can be appropriately met by Meals on Wheels program — meals available would not jeopardize the health of a client.
- A spouse or unpaid caregiver may also be eligible to receive meals if Meals on Wheels determines receipt of a meal is in the best interest of the client.
- Agree to be home when meals are delivered and follow meal cancellation guidelines.