New Volunteer Information
All volunteers must fulfill the following:
- Agree to a criminal background check before you volunteer
- Sign a confidentiality agreement/statement
- We are unable to accommodate those with court-ordered community service. Persons charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor or felony may or may not be able to volunteer depending on the timing and charges.
Meal Delivery Volunteers must also fulfill the following:
- Volunteer drivers must be 18 years of age (under 18 can volunteer if accompanied by an adult) and kids are welcome!
- Provide own vehicle
- Valid driver’s license (if driving) and vehicle insurance
- Be available to deliver six times over the course of a year
We could not serve our community in all the ways that we do without the support of hundreds of faithful volunteers each year. Interested in getting involved with one of our volunteering opportunities? Fill out the volunteer application and return it to our office by mail, in person or via e-mail.
- Once we receive your application and criminal background check authorization form, please allow five (5) business days for AAMOW staff to process your paperwork and complete the background check.
- After this, we will contact you to schedule your training, which includes a ride-along with an experienced volunteer. We will provide an overview of your responsibilities and finalize your application by making a photo copy of your driver's license. After you've completed your training, we will set you up with a regular route or add you to our list of substitute volunteers.