ACLS and PALS Courses
UMCSC hosts Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification training using low, medium, and high fidelity simulators. Courses are open to all physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals both within and outside the University of Michigan Health System. We offer a two-day New Provider Class and a one-day Re-certification Class.
New Provider Class (Two-day) is for New Providers or Providers whose certification has expired before their scheduled class.
Re-Certification Class (One-day) is for Providers with current certification at the time of the class. Certifications ALWAYS expire on the last day of the month (ex: 3/12/14 really expires 3/31/14). To register for a re-certification class the American Heart Association requires providers show proof their certification has not expired. A current provider card must be presented when class materials are picked up - NO EXCEPTIONS. If your certification expires before you are able to reschedule you will be required to take the two-day New Provider Class.
Class Registration Policies
- Class materials must be picked 6 days prior to the class date. If materials are not picked up before this deadline, you will be dropped from the class at no charge to you or your department.
- Payment must be made by check, credit card or Department shortcode when materials are picked up.
- To qualify for the Re-Certification class, proof of current certification must be presented at time of registration and cannot expire before your scheduled class date.
- New rates go into effect for classes beginning June 1, 2014 (see below)
|ACLS and PALS||U of M Employee||Non U of M Employee|
- To receive the UM Employee rate, employees must provide their UMID # at the time of registration. If you are not able to provide your UM ID at this time, you will be charged the non-UM employee rate.
- You will receive a registration confirmation via email within 2 business days of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact the AHA coordinator.
- Cancellation Or Reschedule requests must be submitted via email or fax 6 business days prior to the class date.
UNOPENED class materials must be returned to the UMCSC within 2 weeks of cancelation. If materials are not returned within this time frame the registrant or their department will be charged the cost of course materials.
- Failure To Attend A Class for any reason will result in the registrant and/or their department being billed for the full cost of the course.
- The U of M Clinical Simulation Center reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any classin the case of low enrollments. Participants will be notified 1 week before the class date if this should occur.
If you have any questions or your desired course is full, please contact:
Phone (734) 764-6183, Fax (734) 615-4473
Links to Class Dates
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.